Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thanks to Everyone....


For make my baby shower a week and a half ago so very special! It was such a wonderful day and everyone was so incredibly generous and Tim and I are extremely grateful to you all! I seriously think I got all of the things that I need minus a few little things here and there. I have had the past three days off of work and it has taken me this ENTIRE five day weekend to finally get everything sorted through and into its proper home.

The nursery is near complete now, just waiting for a few shelves and pictures to be hung...as well of course, my much anticipated home-made crib and changing table. But there is really not much more for me to do in there. I do not know what I am going to do for the next 8+ weeks now. I am in full nesting mode and trying to get every little thing cleaned and prepared for our special arrival.

I have to say that these days I have been feeling REALLY pregnant. Not that I didnt feel pregnant before, but I feel like it is all catching up on me now because I have had a very smooth pregnancy. I am ready to pass out at night by 9pm the latest. I can only do work in little spurts as I obtain energy. My back is KILLING me anytime I am p and moving and then it bothers me at night as well. Sleeping is difficult nowadays as it is very hard for me to get comfortable. I am dealing though. I am sure it will only get worse...and then once the baby comes, I won't be sleeping for different reasons.

Little 'q' has been kicking away lately.......no more of that 'swimming fish' feeling but some actual real hard kicks and punches. Sometimes the baby pokes me with an elbow or knee (or whatever it may be) and I feel the need to poke back in order to position him/her more comfortably in my stomache. I was very proud of Little 'q' this morning when Tim had his head on my stomache and he/she kicked him right in the head. It was really funny.

Lets see what other news there is to report....

We did our tour of the hospital on Friday and I was very impressed. I am really glad that we decided to find someone that worked out of Morristown Memorial. Their facilities are really nice and they are very flexible and willing to work with however I want my pregnancy to be.

We also found a pediatrician on Friday. We got a recomendation from a friend and we are VERY happy with him. He has some very good philosophies and he is a sole practitioner so we will get some personal attention. I think he is the right choice for us and he is only one town over from us so he is very convenient.

I think that is about all there is to report right now. I'll do my best to keep you updated!

No comments: